Refresher Test and Tag Training Course
Please Note this course is not Nationally Accredited
- Have you previously attended a Test & Tag Course?
- How long ago did you attend 3, 4, 5 years or longer?
- Have you been continually testing since then?
- Are you aware of all the current legislative requirements?
If it has been some time since you completed your test and tag course and you don't feel up to date with your skills or knowledge then it may be worth considering attending our refresher course.
A lot of people lose their skills by not testing on a regular basis or are unaware of all the changes in legislation that have taken place over the past few years.
The Australian Standard 3760 state that the testing must be carried out by a competent person.
1.4.4 Competent person
A competent person is one who the responsible person ensures has the necessary practical and theoretical skills, acquired through training, qualification, experience or a combination of these, to correctly undertake the required tasks.
(1) A Competent Person is not required to be a registered or licensed electrical practitioner. Requirements for registration vary between jurisdictions.
(2) Competency levels may need to be updated following technological advances in both the testing instrumentation available and the equipment being examined.
(3) It is expected that the competent person will:
Be able to use test equipment safely and effectively.
- Have an understanding of the dangers of electricity, leading to an appreciation of the need for inspection and testing.
- Have an understanding of the construction of Class I and Class II equipment, and of the terms: basic insulation, supplementary insulation, reinforced insulation and double insulation, protective earth and earth continuity, insulation resistance and earth leakage current.
- Have an understanding of the application and requirements of the Australian Standard 3760
- Have an understanding of the relevant legislative requirements appropriate for the jurisdiction they are operating in.
Guidelines to the knowledge of electrical principles with which a competent person is likely to be familiar are listed in Appendix B.
If you feel you would like to update you knowledge base and skills in electrical test & tagging it may be just worth considering this course.
Remember competency is a journey not a destination.
The courses are conducted in Sydney at Parramatta, Ashfield, Campbelltown as well as Wollongong, Newcastle, Canberra & Brisbane and are conducted over an nine (9) hour day.
Course fees are just $330 inc GST
< Back to list